Filed under: Capoeira Life
There are actually many more of these that I’ve found, but I didn’t want to list 400 of them. I decided to pick the ones I thought were the best (for whatever reason) and give us a good chuckle.
- Sometimes you just get this urge to be upside down.
- People stare at you on the street for playing the “air berimbau.”
- You have memorized the lines to Only the Strong.
- You hear Mark Dacascos say the line “This time, I don’t play.” and you start laughing no matter how many thousands of times you’ve heard it. (And this applies to anyone doing the imitation as well!)
- Every time you get up from a fall or sitting on the ground, you negativa and right yourself in a role.
- Everytime you see a Mazda comercial you feel compelled to complete the line with “…Capoeira mata um!!!”
- You constantly check to see if the white pants a random person on the street is wearing are capoeira pants.
- Every article of clothing you buy generates the question, “Can I play capoeira in this?”
- When trying on new pants, you perform kicks to ensure that there is sufficient crotch room for martelos and armadas.
- All your hard drive space is used up because all of the capoeira pics and videos.
- You can remove everything you have in all your pockets in one movement.
- People wonder why you have a bow and arrow/fishing pole/bong in public places.
- Anytime you see an open grassy area you get an insatiable urge to ginga and do floreio.
- You walk around bare-foot to “toughen up your feet”
- During the one hour of boredom when you can’t do capoeira, you surf the internet for sites like this one!
Man it feels good to be a capoeirista.
12 Comments so far
Leave a comment