Filed under: Blog
The Capoeira Blog is six months old. I’ve gone from 6 hits in June to 3,210 hits in October, and the numbers are still climbing. This will be my 60th post, and you’ve graced the Capoeira Blog with 154 comments. All in six months!
I’m pretty impressed with what I’ve accomplished, and I also can’t thank my readers enough!
I want to take a look at some of the highlights from the past couple months.
My most popular post/page by far is the Capoeira For Beginners page. That’s a good thing, because it includes links to some of my other most popular posts, such as:
- Building Strength, Balance, and Flexibility for Capoeira
- How To Get Better At Capoeira
- How To Do An Au Batido (this video is also quite popular on YouTube, with 3,052 hits since the beginning of August)
- Basic Capoeira Vocabulary
I plan to continue helping beginners and capoeiristas of all levels with many more great posts in the future!
As you all know, I’ve also posted many capoeira Videos. Some of my favorites include:
The power of YouTube ensures that there are many more great capoeira videos that we’ve yet to see.
Some of my personal favorite posts haven’t seen as much traffic as the “How To” type, mainly because they’re more philosophical in nature, but I still think they deserve the same attention.
- The Three Levels of the Jogo
- Capoeira is a Conversation
- Why is Capoeira an Art Form and Not a Martial Art?
- The Capoeirista’s Identity
- 15 Reasons Why You Are Obsessed With Capoeira
So that’s it for our look back on the first few months of The Capoeira Blog. I hope you’ve enjoyed the journey as much as I have. And I urge you to stay tuned so you don’t miss anything I have planned for the future.
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment