Filed under: Capoeira Life
Have you ever seen a fly lookin’ capoeirista but didn’t have the foggiest idea of what to say to get them “in the roda.” Well now you have nothing to fear with Mandingueira’s tried and true* capoeira pickup lines!
By the way, these are gender neutral, so guys and girls can try them out and see what happens!
- Are you a capoeirista? Because you just turned my world upside-down.
- You must have lots of mandinga, because I’ve fallen under your spell!
- That’s too bad that you lost your pandeiro, but if you want you can bang me instead.
- If I play you hard enough in the roda, will you go volta ao mundo with me?
- Hi, are you an angoleiro/a? That’s great, ’cause I’m regional—what say we get together and be contemporary?
- I’m surprised you have an apelido, because to me you are indescribable!
- You know, your abada would be cleaner if you didn’t wear it at all.
- If I gave you rasteira would that sweep you off your feet?
Credit goes to Joaninha for these. I just had to share them with you.
*I’m not sure any of these have been field tested. Use them at your own risk. Neither The Capoeira Blog or Mandingueira will be held responsible if the only response you get is a meia lua to the face.
9 Comments so far
Leave a comment