If you’re an American sports fan, you may have witnessed what was perhaps the greatest upset in football (nay, all of sports) history yesterday. The underdog New York Giants surprised the world and defeated the almost perfect New England Patriots 17-14.
Whether you’re filled to the brim with glee, or trapped in a pit of sullen despair, I think there are a few things that every capoeirista can learn from this latest Super Bowl.
- Even though you may be small, you still have the ability to topple a giant.
- Protection is very important; don’t drop your arms or do weak esquivas or you’ll end up getting beat up like Brady (where was his protection!?).
- Each game is a new one, so forget about what happened in previous rodas, and focus on the moment.
- No matter how good you think you are, there’s always someone out there who can land a rasteria that knocks you right on your keister.
- Perfection isn’t everything; so don’t worry about always being the best, just worry about doing your best.
I could probably think of a few more, but I’m still in shock.
4 Comments so far
Leave a comment