- My top right incisor is chipped. Well, more like broken; I look like Jim Carrey (think Dumb and Dumber) if the bonding isn’t there. It broke when my brother threw a bag of quarters at my face in 6th grade.
- When I was a wee lad I wanted to be a herpetologist or a paleontologist. Funny how things change (I’m now a technical writer).
- I was the first male cheerleader at my high school. Surprisingly, I never ended up in a fight because of the insults (came close a few times, not gonna lie).
- The thing that annoys me most in the world is listening to other people chew. I can’t even imagine it without getting all weirded out.
- One of my favorite snacks is a bowl of cucumbers with vinegar, salt, and dill. Not pickling them mind you (though pickles are yummy), but just like some kind of weird cucumber soup. Mmmm.
- The place I want to visit most in the world (besides Brazil, this is “non-capoeira”) is Australia. G’day mate!
- I own a silver 1998 Acura Integra with 145,000 miles on it and aftermarket taillights. She still drives purrty.
- If I could have the powers of any comic book character, I would want Wolverine’s (not just the healing/enhanced senses/strength, but the adamantium skeleton and claws as well). Snikt! Spiderman is a close runner up (and he would be #1 if I lived in NYC or some other city with skyscrapers).
Well there you have it folks, a little look into the non-capoeira life of yours truly.
In the spirit of passing on internet memes, I’m going to tag some of my fellow internet capoeiristas so they can join in on the fun. Repost this in your blogs, y’all!
- Joaninha de Mandingueira
- Compromisso de Capoeira Espaco (post it in your Capoeira Espaco profile, man)
- Fragil de Fragil’s Capoeira Blog
- Gringa de Gringa’s Blog
- BahiaCapoeira de Bahia-Capoeira Blog
- Chan de Soul Capoeira
And for those who I didn’t mention by name (if you have a blog, or even a Capoeira Espaco page), consider yourself tagged as well. Post it on a forum, on Capoeira Espaco, on Facebook, or wherever.
Be sure to come back here and leave a link so we learn more about you!
And in other non-capoeira related news:
The Capoeira Blog has passed 30,000 page hits! I was going to do a separate post for this news, but I think I’m gonna wait until 50,000 (if we get there!). Still cool nonetheless.
I’m posting this entry from my first day at my new job! I’m now a Jr. Technical Writer/Course Developer for a company that develops talent management software. Not sure what their policies are on using the internet for personal stuff, so I’m not sure how much I’ll be posting during the day. But don’t worry, I’m not going to drop off the face of the planet. Unless, of course, I literally do drop off the face of the planet, which will be some feat of phsyics. Newton will be impressed.
I’m going to be moving soon. Will be getting my first place after college (I’ve been living at home for a while, saving money, etc, but it’s about time I get my own apartment). Gonna be living with my best friend/roommate from college, so it’ll be awesome.
9 Comments so far
Leave a comment